Thursday, February 21, 2013

Shattered Visage

Well, I wanted to take advantage of the "warmer weather" I read we were going to have, so I took a walk in Manhattan and it was fucking freezing, so I went into a Starbucks on Broadway and got a coffee and a table, and then it got crowded, and there was a long line at the counter, and people waiting for tables, including a rather geriatric, not cool, gentleman, who I didn't recognize at first, because he was disguised by not wearing black, and by being in Starbucks, but I eventually saw through this disguise, especially when I heard his voice, and decided that it was, indeed, Lou Reed's "frown, and wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command," as Percy Shelley might have said, had he been there as well, and if he had, I wouldn't have been at all surprised, at that point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home