Thursday, January 21, 2021

Sentinel

 America confronts dark forces, I read

Tonight at 9 it will be the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century, I heard

We'll be OK until 9:21, I think

I'm just telling you what some people are saying. What more reliable source than "some people are saying" could there possibly be?

If the weird ideas you believed in are not true do you believe there is no truth?


The centuries flash past like decades or seconds

We confront dark forces

A half million will be dead from the virus this winter

Of course, the child who left the White House yesterday had no plan to distribute the vaccine, and of course he had no plan to lead a revolution, and of course he didn’t pardon those who believed he would join them in the sacking of Democracy, instead he sold pardons so he could pay his own lawyers, and of course he pardoned Steve Bannon, who had been accused of defrauding the Trump supporters who donated money they believed would go to building the wall that will never be built.


Yes, it would be a relief to return to the paradise of normalcy,

but it’ll take Amanda Gorman’s generation to imagine what the new normals can be and free the sunrise and be brave enough to see and be the light


I sit by my window every day like a sentinel 

Last week I thought I was turning into light and I will and I am,

brave or not, approaching light speed, the moon flashes on and off 

and millennia turn into centuries turn into decades years days minutes and at 21/21/21 21 o’clock count the seconds

confront my  dark forces and 

turn on my light,

if I dare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home