Thursday, February 11, 2021

Release

 I am here to release the captives who don’t know they are captives. I am here to release the captivated captured.

Here, take this key you can’t see and unlock the lock you can’t see so you can finally do what you don’t know that you want to do, because doing what you want to do is the last thing you want to do.


I am here to the speak words you can’t hear.

I am here to be ignored because I am not here to amuse the ignorant. Go ahead and ignore me because I don’t know if I can explain it to you, anyway.


Maybe I can explain it this way:

From birth we learn a conceptual world, both by instruction and experience. Culture begins with learning to say Mama and Papa, if there is a mama or papa, or however the infant names their caregivers, who ever cares enough to give enough care.


One’s experience of being cared for, is one’s experience of love as care, or caritas. If one has survived long enough to learn to more or less take care of oneself its because they received enough care, although this “care” is maybe always to some degree mixed with malice and what one learns is not simple caritas but rules for survival games taught to us with rewards and punishments or random carelessness and abuse.


What am I on about?

I wanted to say something about how we conceive the universe, how we learn to conceive of a universe that cares for us. We conceive of an indifferent universe or a universe that has made it possible for us to be here right now, which is something I admit is inconceivable, isn’t it?


Does the universe care? Yes, one’s care for oneself, and for another is proof of the universality of care. Survival of childhood is proof of the existence of care. God is a name given to our understanding and experience of care, a concept of care that enables us to conceive of care, and to give and receive care, to care enough to live another day, and to care for the survival and wellbeing of future generations.


Do you care? Do you care for yourself? Do you really know what you need? Are you afraid of what you want?

Can you conceive of care and so conceive the Godhead in your caring?


Can you see it? Am I making any sense? Or is the problem that I’m blurting obvious platitudes?  All You Need Is Love, say the word and you’ll be free, say the word and be like me, love is real, real is love — all that bullshit and who cares, tell me something new, something I can use, that I can buy or sell, you say. 


You don’t need this shit and you don’t care because you are free to take care of yourself and it’s all you can do to take care of yourself and your loved ones without trying to care for the whole world or care about an inconceivable world without countries or possessions or religion. You can't see it or hear it, and you’re not amused. You are trying to enjoy your lunch, so you ignore the crazy homeless man talking to himself in the park, a poor man holding out an empty paper coffee cup that says “We are happy to serve you” on the side.” Go ahead and ignore him. He knew he wouldn’t be able to explain it.


Thank you sir! God bless you! Have good day, Sir!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home